World Class Training Facilities and Dance Studios
NAISDA relocated from Sydney to the Central Coast in 2007. Our national campus is situated within the open, green space of Mount Penang Parklands, Kariong on Darkinjung Country on the New South Wales Central Coast. We are one hour north of Sydney.
NAISDA offers purpose-designed dance studios, world class training and learning spaces and onsite accommodation or Homestay options. Our facilities include:
- Three dance studios with sprung floors, acoustic isolation, ballet barres and mirrors, a high-level truss for physical theatre training and high-quality sound systems. Performances and large classes are facilitated by a retractable wall between two of the studios
- An additional refurbished dance and rehearsal studio space
- A creative incubator lab with racked seating, theatre lighting, and back of house facilities
- nhangara barayi, a purpose-specific outdoor dancing ground and living learning space. This culturally-welcoming space is used for cultural dance and repertoire classes and is a unique venue for community gatherings, workshops and performances
- A dedicated pilates studio and physiotherapy space
- IT and Mac labs for music composition, film editing and production
- Student common room and spaces with recreation and kitchen facilities
- A library of electronic and print resources relating to dance, the arts and First Nations culture
- Administration and Support building
NAISDA also offers two types of accommodation for students:
- Onsite accommodation – seven cottages offering share accommodation located within the campus precinct (walking distance to the college) are available for students 18 years and over. These are heavily subsidised by NAISDA to ensure affordability.
- Homestay accommodation – students under 18 and those who require additional support are accommodated with accredited, locally based Homestay parents. Homestay accommodation is subsidised by NAISDA.
Visit Support Services for more information about NAISDA’s supportive learning environment, including accommodation support.