There is an opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to join the NAISDA Dance College team.
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation in an elite Indigenous arts training environment
- Fixed term up to 1 year
- Kariong location and on-site parking
This is an identified position; being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Applicants must provide eligibility documentation with the application, and must be able to demonstrate Aboriginality in addition to addressing the Section Criteria.
NAISDA – Australia’s premier Indigenous training college is seeking an experienced Receptionist to join our team on a temporary basis whilst the current incumbent is on parental leave.
The role will undertake a range of reception and administration duties, by providing superior customer service in responding to queries from clients promptly and efficiently, representing NAISDA in a highly professional manner.
- Respond to and manage all incoming emails and enquiries
- Answer and manage all incoming phone calls and redirect calls as required
- Be the first port of call for all operational requirements, providing advice and direction
- Meeting and greeting all clients and advising appropriate staff of their arrival
- Providing general administrative support
The successful candidate must meet the following selection criteria:
- Experience in a previous receptionist position or similar
- Previous experience within a high volume or busy customer service role
- Certificate III Business administration or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to client service
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and autonomously
- Exceptional time management skills
- Present in a businesslike manner at all times
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of Indigenous culture
- Intermediate MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Eligibility to work in Australia on a permanent basis
- Current NSW Drivers licence
- Experience within the Not-for-Profit / Performing Arts sector desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of the contemporary issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and the impact these issues have on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, societies and culture; and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
This role will require a Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment with NAISDA Dance College.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria accompanied with your resume by emailing Casey Bourke Corporate Service Executive Assistant at email@example.com