More than a College
We are committed to your success and holistic development. During your studies, we offer the following learning support:
- Onsite campus accommodation or a Homestay Program accommodation for under 18 Developing Artists
- Physical and emotional wellbeing support
- Injury/rehabilitation support
- Language, literacy and numeracy support
- External counselling available
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU
The Application Process
Our audition application process opens each year from July onwards, however there are plenty of things you can do in advance to register your interest and prepare for your application. Here is the typical year’s application timescale with dates for you to consider.
|Open all year||Complete our online Expression of Interest form and register your interest to study at NAISDA|
|July until October||Complete a NAISDA application form. These forms are available online or can be obtained via email by calling (02) 4340 3121. If you have completed an Expression of Interest, we will automatically send an Audition Pack to you by email|
|September to October||Submit all ABSTUDY documentation to Centrelink to process|
|19 October 2018||Deadline for application submissions for 2019 cohort|
|November||We will contact you regarding your application outcome. If you are successful, we will invite you to participate in an onsite audition over a period of 4 days at NAISDA|
|November||If you are invited to audition, you will need to contact ABSTUDY who can fund your travel and living expenses during the audition at NAISDA. For further direction with this process, please refer to the info below, call (02) 4340 3121 or email email@example.com|
|First week in December||The audition at NAISDA is a 4-day process. Accommodation and meals are provided through ABSTUDY.|
|Second week in December||Auditionees are informed if they have been successful in gaining a place to study at NAISDA for the following academic year|
You will need to provide certain documentation with your NAISDA application in order for us to determine if we will invite you to audition. This information may take some time to gather so it is a good idea to start the process early and prepare your information. We require the following:
- A completed NAISDA audition pack with signed consent from your parent or guardian (if under 18)
- Proof of Aboriginality
- Signed medical assessment from your family doctor
- Academic reports of your most recent year at school
- Copy of your birth certificate
- A recent photograph of yourself
- A Tax File number
What is ABSTUDY?
If you are accepted to audition in December, you can apply to Centrelink for ABSTUDY to fund your audition travel and living costs. The required ABSTUDY forms will be included in the audition pack. ABSTUDY is independent to NAISDA and you will need to apply directly.
If you are offered a place at NAISDA and meet ABSTUDY eligibility, the program can also cover or assist with your study fees, travel during your studies at NAISDA as well as accommodation and living expenses.
- Download and complete our 2019 Audition Pack, or request for the pack to mailed out to your address by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (toll-free) 1800 117 116
- If you have any questions or concerns about the audition process, please feel free to contact the Academic Administration Officer on (02) 4340 3121 or at email@example.com