The Indigenous Makers’ Studio is a new NORPA initiative supporting emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artists originating from or residing in NSW, who have a strong desire to develop their performance practise. Eight artists will be selected to partake in a 2-week intensive residency program at NORPA in Lismore NSW in July 2019.
The residency will support artists to:
- Develop and expand their skills in; physical theatre, improvisation and duo and solo building.
- Seed new performance works or develop existing work under the guidance of esteemed mid-career Indigenous Artists, NORPA Artistic Director Julian Louis and NORPA Associate Artists.
- Establish professional connections and share skills with other artists working across disciplines.
- Refine their professional career goals and performance practise with the support of experienced Indigenous mentors working in the industry and NORPA staff.
- Contribute to discussion on contemporary cultural protocol and process.
When: 15th July – 26th July 2019
Where: The Studio, NORPA
The deadline for application to the Indigenous Makers Studio at NORPA has been extended until January 29th.
Apply by: 5pm 29th January 2019.
More information and a link to the online application are available on the NORPA website at: https://norpa.org.au/indigenous-makers-studio/
Feature image photo | Horses Mouth 2017, Artist Jaymen Drahm. Image by Raphaela Rosella / Beyond Empathy